If you are creating a single end product, deployed to a single domain, that end users must pay to access, with no more than 5 team members working on the project, then the Startup License is required. With the Startup License, you can also redistribute the modified End Product as part of an application (for example, a software package), but you cannot redistribute the Theme “as is” as a stock asset on its own or as part of a bundle of products.
If you have more than 15 team members accessing the project files, or you are creating multiple End Products please contact us about custom commercial licensing.
- The Startup License grants the purchaser a non-exclusive, non-transferrable, and ongoing right to make use of the Theme.
- You are licensed to use the Theme to create a single End Product for personal use, or for a client.
- The End Product is a customized implementation of the Theme requiring the application of skill and effort
- The Theme may be used no more than (5) developers or team members working to create the End Product.
- The End Product you create may be accessed by multiple End Users, either for free or for a fee.
- With the Startup License, you can:
- Use the Theme to create one single End Product for personal use or for a client. You can transfer the single End Product to your client for any fee. This license is then transferred to your client.
- Create an End Product where End Users must pay in order to access.
- Have up to 5 team members working on the End Product that is built with the Theme's files
- With the Startup License, you cannot:
- Create multiple End Products using the Theme.
- Have more than 5 team members working on the End Product that is built with the Theme's files
- Redistribute the Theme “as is” by itself or as part of a bundle of products.
- Redistribute the modified End Product.
- Redistribute the Theme “as is”, or the modified End Product, as part of an “on demand” product or service (like a “site generator” or “create your own” website application).
- Any components included with the Theme which includes, but is not limited to: graphics, images, code, or any other content, retains its original license. The author of the Theme will document any and all licensed components included with the Theme. You are responsible for adhering to the original license of any additional licensed components included with the Theme.
- Start Bootstrap retains ownership of the Theme, but grants you the license on these terms. This license is between the Start Bootstrap and you, the purchaser. Start Bootstrap LLC is the grantor of the license.
Still Have Questions?
Licensing can be confusing at times depending on what sort of project you are building. If you still aren’t sure which license you need to purchase, please send details about your project to [email protected] and we will be happy to help answer any questions you might have!
The above content is subject to change, and was last updated on September 3, 2020.
|Theme||Theme is the purchased digital work|
|End Product||End Product is a customized implementation of the Theme that requires an application of skill and effort that is deployed on a single Domain|
|End User||End User is a user of the End Product|