The Freelancer License gives you access to only the HTML/CSS version of the Theme being purchased.
The Freelancer License is sufficient if you are 1) the only person working with the Theme's files, 2) you are creating a single End Product deployed on only one domain, and 3) the End Product that you deploy is free to access by the end user. The original theme files and the End Product's files cannot be redistributed in any way. The full terms of the Freelancer License are as follows:
- The Freelancer License grants the purchaser a non-exclusive, non-transferrable, and ongoing right to make use of the Theme.
- You are licensed to use the Theme to create a single End Product for personal use, or for a client.
- The End Product is a customized implementation of the Theme requiring the application of skill and effort
- The Theme may only be used by a single (1) developer.
- The End Product you create may be accessed by multiple End Users, and the End Users must be able at access the End Product for free.
- With the Freelancer License, you can:
- Use the Theme to create one single End Product for personal use or for a client. You can transfer the single End Product to your client for any fee. This license is then transferred to your client.
- With the Freelancer License, you cannot:
- Create multiple End Products using the Theme.
- Create an End Product where End Users must pay in order to access.
- Create an End Product with multiple team members working with the Theme files.
- Redistribute the Theme “as is” by itself or as part of a bundle of products.
- Redistribute the modified End Product.
- Redistribute the Theme “as is”, or the modified End Product, as part of an “on demand” product or service (like a “site generator” or “create your own” website application).
- Any components included with the Theme which includes, but is not limited to: graphics, images, code, or any other content, retains its original license. The author of the Theme will document any and all licensed components included with the Theme. You are responsible for adhering to the original license of any additional licensed components included with the Theme.
- Start Bootstrap retains ownership of the Theme, but grants you the license on these terms. This license is between the Start Bootstrap and you, the purchaser. Start Bootstrap LLC is the grantor of the license.
Still Have Questions?
Licensing can be confusing at times depending on what sort of project you are building. If you still aren’t sure which license you need to purchase, please send details about your project to [email protected] and we will be happy to help answer any questions you might have!
The above content is subject to change, and was last updated on September 3, 2020.
|Theme||Theme is the purchased digital work|
|End Product||End Product is a customized implementation of the Theme that requires an application of skill and effort that is deployed on a single Domain|
|End User||End User is a user of the End Product|